Thursday, August 16, 2007

First Day of School

These pictures are a little out of order. I still need to figure out how to download them in chronological order.



It didn't take Kaitlyn long to make a friend and start putting together a puzzle. We weren't there long when she learned where the bathroom was - always important info for a little girl!







Kenton found some toys after sitting at his desk sizing the situation up!







This is Mrs. Wiley, their teacher. She was very patient in posing for pictures for all the moms:)







AND of course we can't forget Ethan! He and mommy went on errands after the twins left and he was a happy little guy - doesn't seem to miss them too much! I found him pulling himself up to standing on the back of the chair - he'd than get stuck and cry until I rescued him or he fell. He's going to walk before he's crawling!




Kaitlyn and Kenton were ready to go about 30 minutes before the bus actually came so we went outside to take a "first day of school" picture! They were running around the house with backpacks on saying, "Mom, how long NOW before the bus comes!"




We were inside the house when I heard the bus pull up - she was about 5 minutes early. I think that it helped the twins as there wasn't really any time for them to be nervous about actually getting on - they just ran outside and straight onto the bus. Once they were on they may have had some second thoughts. Isn't a cute, little bus?


Of course I had to beat the bus to school:) This is the twins getting off the bus at school - Joan rode up there with me for moral support. AND, I wasn't the only parent there and armed with a camera.


It didn't take them long to figure out where to hang up their backpacks. I felt a little sorry for the teacher as she was overwhelmed with anxious parents in the room - I'm pretty sure that we were more nervous than the children were:)

Kenton went right to his seat and sat for a minute looking around trying to get his bearings. We had gone to school yesterday to drop off school supplies and to find out where they were to sit.

No comments: