Today was one of the worst days I've had in awhile...but it ended on such a high note that it almost makes up for being such a bad day! God knew I needed some encouragement and some came in the way of two friends, a cup of hot chocolate at Starbucks, and great conversation! Than I came home to a quiet and clean house because the kids were in bed. Ah-h-h!
My poor dad got a phone call from me this morning where I was crying so hard I couldn't talk for awhile. I think that with five girls in his life he's probably gotten used to this type of thing because he handled it like a pro:) He pointed out to me that I really haven't had too many bad days in the past year which made me feel a little better! I don't want to dwell on what went wrong so I'll just say that it was a combination of County Fair, Ethan throwing tantrums, and a playgroup that went terribly wrong. I cried the whole way home from there...there were a few people who gave me strange looks as I sobbed my way up the hill:)...but, sometimes we need a good cry, encouragement and love from family, prayers from friends, and than we can pick up and carry on with a smile!
Someone once said that life is full of new beginnings...we get the chance every time the sun comes up to have a new beginning! Here's to a new and fresh beginning tomorrow!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Hang in there......and yes, we all have bad days. Right now...Weston has RSV, at least that's what the Dr. thinks, and last night was not too restful. You feel so helpless when they are breathing so rapidly trying to catch their breath between coughing and a stuffy nose. Hopefully the meds will kick in today and tonight will be ANOTHER NEW NIGHT! Sometime I want to give you a call and catch up, but you have such a busy schedule I don't want to bother you. You can give me a buzz soon if it works. Take care and hugs from Kansas. Marci
I think both of our Dads really should have somekind of honorary counseling degrees. With all the girls, emotions, moods..etc... I'm glad your day ended on a high note...it's hard to go to bed sad.
Marci - my schedule slows down dramatically after Saturday so I will try and give you a call next week. Hope Weston can start feeling better soon - I know it's not fun to have a sick child.
Elizabeth, I AGREE! My Dad can be busy at times but everytime I have really needed him he's come through for me! Good thing that they both finally got their boys:)
Oh, Becky, I'm sorry you had such a horrid day. But where would we be without our dads, anyway? I had to smile at the '5 girl' comment you made- I certainly know what you're talking about w/me and my four sisters! Ya' know what, though? I think our Dads are pretty happy to have a bunch of girls! :)
I'm hoping that you'll have a wonderful day tomorrow.
As Anne of Green Gables said, "Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day without any mistakes in it?"
Becky,
Sorry to hear about bad day but I am so thankful that you could call your dad and feel better. He is such a wonderful man. My dad is probably glad that he had one girl because I am a handful most of the time with my emotions. I call him everyday at least once about a worry, upsetting moment, how to overcome a fear, ect... He always knows how to calm me down and I don't know what I would do without him. I will be praying that you have a better tomorrow. Praying and thinking of you.
Post a Comment