Monday, August 20, 2007

Birthday's and such

Well, I'm officially another year older...and wiser:) 30 really isn't all that hard...the gray hairs are completely a different thing! I had a nice birthday lunch with some friends at Jalapeno's - a Mexican restaurant. Joan decided to bring me a cake when she heard that I was going to make my own...I don't usually bother with a cake for myself except the twins are now old enough to know that a birthday means a cake! Don and Eileen stopped by with a birthday balloon and gift basket and to see the twins come off the school bus....we had a really hot, humid wait for them! Oh - and I had flowers awaiting me when I returned home from my lunch...they came from my four LOVELY, young sisters:) Other than that I have been spending my day cleaning out the coat closet...I don't think that we are going to need coats in Singapore. Or hats. Or gloves. Or scarves. Or boots. I'm getting all the things that we're getting rid of ready for a big garage sale to be held sometime in September. I came down to wash up some of our winter coats and realized that I had left the clean clothes in the washing machine, AGAIN. This will make the third time that they are being washed to freshen them up...clothes sitting wet for a couple of days tend to start smelling mildewy! If that's a word. Well, I'm going to go and check the mail to see if there's anything in there for my birthday:)

2 comments:

Julie B. said...

Happy 30th Birthday, Becky!!! Congratulations on so graciously excepting the number 30. I don't think that happens very often...especially with women:) As for me, I'll be a pouter when my turn comes next year! So anyway, happy 30th and God Bless!!
Julie Beebe

Ryan and Becky Weiss said...

Thanks, Julie:)