Ryan's parents arrived safely around 1:30am Wednesday morning (11:30am Tuesday morning Illinois time) and we've been enjoying having them here. Not much happened Wednesday except to get their trip planned out, some pool time, and a quick tour of the local wet market and the school when we picked up the twins.
Yesterday was busier with a walk in MacRitchie Reservoir that turned out to be longer than we expected. It was pretty fun as we saw wild monkeys three different times. The first time we saw five or six running down the trail towards us and suddenly we're surrounded by maybe 15 of them swinging around the trees and running on the ground. We could get within several feet of them before they would run off. The only unfortunate part of the trip is that Ethan somehow got into some poisonous leaves and spread it to me where I was carrying him. He's covered in a rash and I've got it on my left arm up to my shoulder. The itching is worse than anything I've experienced before! The doctor today said that there are several varieties of poisonous plants in Singapore so it's hard to know which one exactly he came into contact with.
We ended our day with supper at Prima - a revolving restaurant (Chinese) - and an MRT ride to China Town. It's very overwhelming this time of year with Chinese New Year being this coming Sunday but it's the best way to experience what it's all about. I found a couple of cushion (pillow) covers to replace a throw pillow on my bed that was pretty ripped up. We also bought Kaitlyn a new Chinese dress and we even convinced Kenton to wear a boy Chinese outfit. It was cute and I'll have to remember to post pictures:)
Today I had a County Fair meeting and then my regular shift at the PTA Sales office so Ryan's parents struck out on their own to Little India. They have my cell phone so in a pinch they can call Ryan. I am trying to get caught up on some paperwork and then we have a quiet evening planned here at home.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I hope your rash goes away soon. Glad Roger and Karen made it safely and that you are having a good time. :) Joan
Post a Comment