Monday, February 9, 2009

County Fair Silent Auction Project

Another mom and I have spent a few days this past week working in the classroom with the kids to complete a project for the upcoming County Fair Silent Auction. We have one more coat of varnish to do but other than that I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Someone donated a Pottery Barn table and chairs and we had the kids make finger print bugs and flowers on it. Than today we took scrapbooking stickers and added a little poem about bugs to the outside edge. Since I'm not generally a very creative person I'm a little excited with how the final project looks! We did have one re-do of the top of the table (had to sand and repaint) but now it's done! We'll see on Saturday what kind of money it brings in at the auction:)




5 comments:

Sara T said...

Love the table. You are creative!!! I would pay big money for it.

Anonymous said...

Love the table!! Can I bid on it?
Have a great day!
Jamie

Ryan and Becky Weiss said...

I'm planning on putting a bid on it but unfortuately for me there are too many moms in the class that want it to so I'll probably be outbid quickly:) My only hope is if they are all bidding on other things and let this one go. BUT, it's a fundraiser so I'll be thrilled if it goes high.

I'm actually contemplating finding another table like it once we move home and recreating it.

Anonymous said...

Do you ship to Connecticut? :)

Ryan and Becky Weiss said...

For a price!