Sunday, February 22, 2009
Refuge From the Storm
As I sat down a few minutes ago to check e-mail it started pouring outside. I turned towards the window to watch the rain (I LOVE rainy days and we haven't had one in awhile) when I noticed that there is a bird perched on one of our chairs under the umbrella. He's sitting there obviously taking shelter from the storm as he's trying his best not to move. Occasionally he'll jump a little as a raindrop finds its way to his head. I want to take a picture but I'm afraid that if I go for the camera he'll see me and I'll force him out of his dry spot and into the rain. So, I wait and listen to him sing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Aren't the smallest things in life some of the greatest moments for us busy moms?? I just noticed this morning as the sun was shining on the black oven I have that it was smeared with little hand prints. It made me smile as I remembered the balloon that was hanging there last week for Weston to play with. Longer ago I would have gotten the windex and cleaned it immediately. Now I just want to keep them there as time is going so fast and my little baby is just shy of 8 months and growing so quickly! He will wave bye-bye, if you're lucky. Keep taking time for the small things...it's good for our hearts and minds!! Miss ya! Marci
Post a Comment