Sunday, May 24, 2009

Ryan was able to knock buying a car off my to-do list - we got the same van we had before moving here except it's a little newer and a different color - silver. We were happy with it so decided to stick with the tried and true:)

We also put in an offer on a house. It's a short sale which means it will take awhile for the bank to approve our offer and then to close on the house. There is another offer on the table for it as well which means it could fall through if the bank accepts the other offer. We don't want to get into a bidding war so if the other party raises their offer above ours we are back to looking again. We figure that we have time so are not going to rush into anything. We will be in temporary housing in Schaumburg for the first two months that we are back home and then may have to move to a rental place if the paperwork is still being processed for the house and we can't close.

Ryan also brought back my new cell phone. I was planning on sticking with the phone I had before but since I'm switching cell phone providers I had to get a different phone. So we're trying something new - we are not going to get a home phone and just use cell phones. We had talked about doing this a few years ago but were too nervous. This seemed like a good time to make the switch and by the time we actually get to move into a house we will know if it was a good choice or not! I've been busy putting all my contacts into the phone so that I'm ready to go when we land in the US:) I will get my new number out to family/friends as soon as I get a new one assigned. When I ordered the phone I told them which area code I wanted but for some reason they gave me a KC one instead - maybe it's a sign!

I'm heading to lay down - I have had a headache for the past few hours and am hoping I'm not getting strep. Ethan fell asleep on the chair and it's only 5pm so I hope he isn't getting it either!

No comments: