Monday, June 1, 2009

MRT Mishap

I guess I get to leave Singapore with a bang! I had lunch this morning at DeliFrance at Causeway Point Mall with a friend, Julie and then hopped on the MRT to find some answers to our Lovel dilemma. Not too far into the trip I closed my eyes for a few minutes - and opened them an hour later to find myself in a stopped and deserted train at the end of the line! I had missed my stop by about 4 stops so instead of going back on the next train I decided to find a cab instead. I was a little miffed that no one including the conductor bothered to wake me up. When I woke up he was well on his way out the door! I guess I'm officially a "local" to be able to sleep on the MRT!!!

On a different note things are moving along for our move. After spending a relaxing day on Sunday (church, naps, and pool) we hit the ground running this morning. I worked on paperwork before heading to lunch with Julie. After the hour long MRT ride I spent another 45 minutes at the Ministry of Manpower finding out how Ryan can cancel Lovel's work pass. (She's in Singapore under my name so we were concerned he wouldn't be able to cancel her pass.) Then I headed in a taxi over to Paragon shopping center on Orchard Road, picked up Melissa T, headed home, dropped off things, and walked down to school to pick up the twins. The evening has been spent sorting things for the movers and getting our air shipment ready. They come Wednesday morning to pack that up.

Since apparently I am tired, I'm heading to bed! Good Night!

No comments: