We are back from our week long adventure in Kansas City and are working on getting settled into our new home. The movers are here as I write this unloading our KC shipment. It is mostly storage items, china, and all electronics. Good news/Bad news: I have a vacuum again which I desperately need but now I have to work:( We are looking for our Singapore shipment sometime next week and then we'll be well on our way to being settled again!
This morning we headed over to the school district office to look into registering the twins for second grade. They weren't sure what to do with the fact that we were coming from another country. We go back to the office next Tuesday where the twins will take placement tests - doesn't that sound more like college then second grade???? We also stopped by the library to get our library cards and to check out books to start knocking off the summer reading list. I managed to grab a book for myself, too:) It's a nice library but smaller than our last Johnson County library and more crowded. We need to find a better time to go, I think!
We spent the afternoon with Jamie and Co. hanging out here at the house and the park. It's been fun for the kids to run around an empty house!
Not much on the calendar for this evening other then unpacking this fresh batch of boxes! Ryan won't be home until late and Ben and Melissa are stopping in after dropping my parents off at the airport. It's not really on their way home but I'm excited they are making the effort to "swing by"!
TTFN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Becky, Sorry I missed your call- we were in Colorado for vacation. I tried you back a few times, but never got ya. Aunt Betty said you left KC already. I had next Monday as your departure date, sorry! We'd have loved to meet you for supper, but our schedule was full at the time. Hopefully we'll meet up before too long in KS or IL. Take care and don't work too hard. Love and Miss ya, Marci
Hey girl!
Glad to hear you're getting settled. You sound so busy it wears me out just reading your blog! Can't wait to see pics of your new house =0)
Love,
Julie B.
Oh - it wears me out, too:) I'm hoping to get pictures posted soon - I just need the hubby to stick around long enough for me to upload some! He's my sole source of a computer these days until mine shows up from Singapore.
I'm bummed that we missed seeing you guys while you were here! Sounds like you've got a start on getting settled, although I'm sorry it's in IL instead of a few blocks down the road :( Catch us next time you're in town.
Hi, Becky-
'Just checking in to say hello. I think of you often, and hope that things go well as you continue to get accustomed to all of the changes you're facing. Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Post a Comment