Thanks for the comments from my faithful readers! I was just thinking today that since I probably didn't have anyone left reading it was time to retire the blog. Guess I will bore you a little more with my wonderful life:)
Everyone is better (for now) - gotta love when an illness is bacterial so that it can be treated with antibiotics! Mostly this week we've been busy with running errands, filling out loads and loads of paperwork, finding appliances (needed washer/dryer and fridge), shopping for blinds, and picking out a bunkbed for boys' room and a king size mattress for us. We need a new mattress so I convinced Ryan to upgrade to a bigger mattress - this way we have room for the kids:( The hotel is starting to feel a little small so I'm glad for some fourth of July plans this weekend!
It was so surreal going to Wednesday night church in Elgin - it still feels like we are here on vacation and will be heading home soon - where ever that would be! I'm sure we'll get used to it with time and moving and settling into a house will probably help.
Here are where things stand so far with the whole house thing. We are hoping to close on July 10th. We have a carpet cleaner lined up to be in the house the day before we close so we don't have to worry about staying off the carpets and so they will be done before any furniture gets moved in. Hopefully we get in early enough on the 10th that I can work on getting the kitchen and bathrooms cleaned. We have an air shipment sitting at Ryan's parents that is most of the kitchen, toys, bath towels, etc that we can start unpacking. I would also like to start taping the kitchen and family room so that when I return from packing up the house in KC I can start painting. On the 11th the appliances and beds will be delivered. The kids and I will head down towards Tremont on July 13th to pick up Joan and Collin and head to KC for the week. Our house there gets packed up on the 15th and delivered the next week. It's mostly storage and some furniture that we didn't want to haul all the way to Singapore. Our sea shipment from Singapore will be arriving sometime between the middle of July and the middle of August.
It's hard to answer the question "Are you settled yet?" Seems like the answer "yes" is going to be a few months in coming! NEVERTHELESS God is faithful and we know that all things work together for good for those who put their faith and trust in Him!
Happy Fourth of July to everyone and I'll try to get pictures posted of our new home soon!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Love the new blog look and title. Wow! Sounds like you are going to be staying busy for some time but then again with three kids, I think you are always busy. Try to get some rest at times and enjoy your new KING size bed.
like the new title! can't wait to see you...joan
Hey Becky,
Love the new look of your blog! Hope everything is coming along with the house and you guys will be moved in soon!
See you in a few weeks! :)
Post a Comment