We hope that everyone had a blessed Easter! Ours felt surprisingly normal thanks to Gary Anliker who uploaded an Easter service to our online folder. We dyed Easter Eggs on Saturday and let the kids look for them this morning. I did have a few disasters along the way - on Friday I placed cold eggs in boiling water - OOPS! I broke 10 out of the 30 I was trying to hard boil. Than I tried rolling out dough for cut out cookies only to find that you have to keep the dough frigid cold or it turns to mush - I also discovered that the oven is about 100 degrees Celsius off - that's right 100 degrees! (More on that later!) On Saturday I had the dye all ready to go and was getting the table ready when little tornado entered the kitchen and reached up on his tip toes and pulled the cup containing the yellow dye off the counter. Thankfully it didn't stain the floor although the jury's out on the carpet that it spilled on! There was just enough yellow coloring left thanks to a dye tablet that hadn't completely dissolved:)
All ready for the Great Singapore Easter Egg Hunt
I found a WHOLE HANDFUL of eggs!
Kaitlyn finds her Basket
Kenton finds his Basket
Look Grandpa R! I LOVE Peeps!!! Must be genetic! And these came all the way from IllinoiS!
See, the yellow ones are turning out JUST FINE
Kenton and Mom experimented making tri-color eggs
And let's not forget EBO! His egg may have hit the floor...
Last but not LEAST Kaitlyn finds her first egg!
4 comments:
So glad that you had a half-way normal Easter. We had a wonderful day and thought of you often. I will call this week since things are a little more normal.
Love,
Jamie and family
Thanks so much for sharing the Easter pictures! I love Kait's hair up...is it in a ponytail? I'm glad you had a good Easter.
LOL Joan and boys
yes...it's in a ponytail. I decided to grow it out a little so we can put it up since it's so hot here! Her hair is too thick to keep it short and down. I'm going to go and have it thinned out this week and layered again but I am going to have them keep the length:)
I am so glad to hear that you had a great Easter. Ours was busy with four different family events but we are blessed to have that many to go to and be involved in so we enjoyed our Easter. We had a little crabness because of no nap but it well worth it. Your pictures were great!! Great to hear from you and your family. Sara T
Post a Comment