Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sorry I haven't gotten around to posting those pictures yet. Ethan has had a high fever (103 - 104) since Sunday so I've been shuttling him around to doctor's appointments the past two days. There is dengue fever - a mosquito born illness - in our neighborhood and the doctor had him tested yesterday for that. It's doubtful that will come back positive as his platelet count was normal and this is usually decreased by the illness. His white blood cell count however was high indicating some type of infection. They cultured his urine last night and started him on antibiotics. We are waiting for all the results and praying that his fever starts to come down soon. We were on a playdate a week and a half ago with a family in the neighborhood and the mom called me today to say that her two year old tested positive for dengue. Here's a link to follow if you want to read more on dengue fever: http://www.dengue.gov.sg/subject.asp?id=10

1 comment:

Sara T said...

I pray Ethan will recover soon. Keep your chin up!!