Thursday, August 21, 2008

Zoo Meetup

Today we went with SATP to the zoo. This works out well because we only live about 10 minutes from there so it was an easy meetup to go to! When we got there it started raining but we all trooped on anyway. There were about 11 moms plus toddlers there.

We got to see something I've never seen before. The Orangutans are put into a special tree top exhibit that so you can view them up close. When their time is done there the zoo keepers lead them by the hand back to their cage - right out in the open!
The rhino's were rolling in the mud to keep cool.
This picture reminds me of the scripture that refers to the day when the lion will lay peacefully with the lamb.
A group of school children were on a field trip here and marched on in spite of the rain. They just donned multi-colored rain ponchos and kept going.
Ethan reunites with his little friend Leann. This is as good of a picture as I was going to get of two very active 21 month olds!
Ethan looks like he's having fun but he was really nervous to be on top of this statue!
These otter's aren't really real:O
Ethan spent quite a lot of time watching the otters swim around. He kept saying, "Wimming!" I would say that this was his favorite exhibit...I like it too except that it STINKS!
Notice how the orangutans are taking cover with their arms from the rain! These are the ones that were later led back to their cages by the zoo keepers.
We keep Ethan dry during the rain with a rain cover. It stays in the bottom of the stroller at all times since a rainstorm can pop up at any time!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures Becky. Ethan has grown and changed since July! Joan

Anonymous said...

Your otters are doing exactly what the one at Miller Park Zoo was doing last week...swimming to a rock and then doing a back dive! Funny! Mom

Ryan and Becky Weiss said...

Every time I've been to the zoo here and watched the otter's they have done that! I didn't realize that they swim on their backs until I watched them. I think that they are my favorite to watch because they are active and cute...but they do stink!