
He's growing up, this little one that I still call my baby. I sat and watched him play this evening with some delight as I realized that he's learned new things and some sadness as I watched what's "baby" about him slip away. This evening in the pool I realized that he was holding on to the side of the pool and letting his legs float behind him until they reached the surface and than he was kicking and saying, "Kick!" Later on after his shower he was playing with his "Cars" character cars and saying, "Hug!" and "Kiss!" while doing just that to his little car.
When we left Singapore last June he was going through a tough stage where he'd scream a lot. He doesn't do this anymore and just as I predicted it ended once he could talk. He's turned into a happy, content toddler who loves to sit and be read to and loves to dance to music, any music. He loves it when his big brother and sister come home from school and when he wakes up to find his daddy home from a business trip. He hums and sings to himself while he's playing with toys. He loves to line cars and Little People up in a line and move them around.
I miss my little baby but rejoice that he's healthy and growing! And really, he'll always be my "baby", right?

6 comments:
Considering that Collin is almost 12 and he's still my "baby" I'd say it's okay!! Thanks for the Ethan update. Love, Joan
PS Is your Robeks card packed?!
You'd better believe it's packed! First stop when my feet touch the soil in the US of A!
Yes, Becky, once "the baby" always "the baby" :)
The Music Box Dancer song made me smile - it has always reminded me of you playing it on the piano.
I think about you often. I hope you are enjoying the Christmas season there! Love ya, Kara
It's bitter/sweet isn't "our babies" growing up!! Brady loves to line his cars up and play with them as well. He loves to roll them over books he will line up! Let's do try to get them together more when we get back from the holidays!!
Love the Jim Brinkman songs, by the way...going to have to get that CD.
My little guy is growing up fast too. He'll be 2 in Jan. and I can't believe it! I remember at the CSBC cookout this summer how Ethan and my Aydan were playing and then, well, started to get into a bit of a pushing match. Its so not fair that you are lounging in the pool and we are getting snow and below freezing temperatures!! :)
Hi Kim! I never thought I'd say this in a million years but I would take a little bit of snow right now! While I usually hate winter it's been perpetual summer for us since last January and it's getting a little old... But I do love the fact that I am swimming in December:) See you in a few weeks when we are home for Christmas. I'm sure I'll be by the bank at some point:)
Post a Comment