Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Crazy

It's crazy how busy we can become in such a short amount of time! I had to shake my head today as I looked at our calendar for the month of January and see that it's FULL already! We haven't even been back a week...Doesn't take much time, does it?

The weather has been GREAT since we've returned - just like it was a year ago in January. (Right now it is 83 degrees out and breezy!) We would ask people how far it was to walk somewhere when we first moved here and they would all say, "Too far! Must take taxi!" We would shake our heads and set out walking. Well, sometime around March we realized why they would say that. Most of the year it's pretty hot and something that doesn't seem so far in nice weather suddenly becomes far!

Speaking of - we made it through the first year!! And it went fast... I was reflecting the other day about how finally nothing will be new this year. I'm actually looking forward to the Chinese New Year and the celebrations that come with it! I'm excited to be able to show Ryan's parents when they come next week what it's all about! It was fun at school the other day to be the seasoned one while the new students and their families were going through orientation. My friend Traci and I remembered for a moment how just last year that was us...funny how time flies. This time around is easier as we've learned to navigate our way around, we have learned how to find things, and we've made friends. It's a good place to be in!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reflecting with us...it is a GOOD place to be in. Enjoy! Have a great day. Love, Joan