Wow, where to begin? It's been very busy around here since I last posted with Ryan's parents being here, getting ready for SAS's County Fair, attempting to work out, helping Lovel find a job in Norway, and having MORE company come in tomorrow! Some days I feel like I run straight from one thing to the next but my mantra lately has been "at least I'm staying busy!"
Some time I will try to update on the rest of Dad and Mom W's visit - if nothing else I need to get it down so I can remember at a much later date when I get around to working on my scrapbook of our time here. They are safely back home and we much enjoyed having them here.
Somehow I got roped into being the chair person for the ticket sales for the PTA's biggest fundraiser of the year - County Fair. My mom warned me not to let the PTA know that I exist and I guess I should have listened better:) To be fair I have been enjoying it (mostly.) This has taken up much of my time lately coordinating volunteers to help the day of selling tickets and with pre-sale of the tickets. I also have been helping put together a project from the kids in Kenton's class to donate to the Silent Auction - part of my room mom responsibility. We are having the kids put thumbprint bugs all over a Pottery Barn table and two chairs - it's looking quite cute!
The working out thing...! That hasn't been going too well which was NOT my intention. I'm working on it...ha ha!
As far as helping Lovel to find a job in Norway - we are being moved home sometime this summer which is earlier than planned on. We still don't know WHEN or WHERE so please don't ask! This has been an area of stress for me because I'm such a PLANNER. Planner's don't like to take things one day at a time although you would think that by now I would be used to that! When we told our helper, Lovel, that we were moving home she announced that she would like to go to Norway to work as an Au pair. It's an excellent opportunity for her so I've been busy helping her research it out, interviewing agencies, and planning for the expenses of it...a productive way to put my planning prowess to use:) We will post more when we know more - for now you can pray with us for God's direction and that all the pieces will fall into place for Lovel, too.
We are getting ready for our next round of company - two honor's orchestra students from Osaka, Japan - to arrive tomorrow evening. They will be here through Sunday and we are mostly giving them a bed at night and breakfast in the mornings. We are encouraged to attend their concert on the last night so we are looking forward to that and than we are to provide transportation to the airport for them on Sunday.
Besides all of that we need to get Valentine's cards written and sugar cookies cut out and decorated for the kids to pass out with their cards. No party at SAS for Valentine's day which is a bummer! It was always one of my most favorite parties when I was little.
And for now - I need to get the twins to bed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi, Becky! 'Glad you're staying busy, even more glad you get to come 'home' early. What a great opportunity for you to appreciate the time you have left over there. (And you know where I hope you'll end up...:)
I enjoyed the update Becky. Can't wait until we can catch up on the phone...how about February 15th! I'm glad you're happy and busy :) Love, Joan
Post a Comment