Week 2 is almost over and I feel like we are finally getting into a groove of sorts. There have been a few ups and downs as we've gone through some "growing pains" this week but overall we have made some progress academically so that's what counts, right?
I had made the decision to back up in Math and take it slower which has turned out to be a good strategy. I'm not fighting the twins during Math time so much to do the work. When it was way over their heads it was turning into a huge battle to get the math work done in 45 mins instead of it taking all morning! Now it's taking the appropriate time with a little time to spare. I'm slowly introducing them to multiplication facts and reviewing addition and subtraction.
It seems like the first 2 hours of the morning goes great and than the next two kind of fall apart! Right now they are supposed to be reviewing for a History quiz tomorrow but they are rolling around in the basement on the chairs Ryan bought for them yesterday! I keep telling them that as soon as they are done with the review we can eat lunch but that's not proving to be much motivation this morning:) We really need to get a big carpet remnant down so that they can't do so much rolling!
Kaitlyn asked me at the beginning of the week if we could do "marbles" like they did at school where they accumulate marbles for good behavior and get them taken away for bad behavior. They work towards collecting 50 marbles at which point they get to have a "Marble Party". I'm not sure what the Marble Party is going to consist of and gauging on how today has gone I've got a little bit of time to get it figured out:) At school they usually had a special dress day and got to bring in drinks and snacks and watch a movie. Instead of that we may go roller skating or bowling or something. I'm open to ideas!
Gym & Swim on Tuesday was interesting. Kenton joined right in on the gym portion of class but wouldn't get into the water for the swim part. He's a good swimmer so I'm really not sure why he decided not to participate. He did say something about being scared of sharks being in the water...
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment