Monday, April 25, 2011

The Torture Begins!

Ughhhh! 

I've been gaining a lot of weight the past few months and have had ZERO motivation to do anything about it.  Today I decided that it's time to try and get healthy again!  I HATE watching what I eat and working out but I've noticed as I've gotten older that the weight just doesn't fall off like it used to:(  So I began the torture of working out tonight - 45 mins on the elliptical machine followed by 10 mins of arm weights...along with limiting my daily intake of coke to 1-a-day (down from...ahem!...4-a-day!)  I'd love to say that I'm good enough to eliminate regular pop from my diet altogether but I don't see that happening soon!  We usually eat fairly healthy but lately the kids and I have been eating out a lot when Ryan's gone and that is what is KILLING my weight.  Time to make more meals at home and eat out less.  That means I actually have to be productive each day and think about what to eat BEFORE 3pm when it gets too late to run to the store for anything I don't have on hand.  Which brings us back to the aforementioned zero motivation.

If only they sold motivation pills...

5 comments:

Julie B. said...

I think you look great, but good luck with your goal. That pop thing is a problem around here too :( I've decided not to buy it for awhile once my current stash runs out!

Q and H said...

I totally understand not wanting to work out. Sometimes it takes a lot just for me to get motivated enough just to put on my workout clothes. If you are into workout DVDs I have found one I really like...it's 30 Day shred with Jillian Michaels from Biggest Loser. There are three 20 minute workouts and they are pretty tough. I like it because I just don't have a lot of time and in 20 minutes she will do cardio, strength, and abs.

Now for the pop...I have yet to give up my pepsi completely...some things you just can't live without. :)
Heather

Ryan and Becky Weiss said...

@Julie - You're sweet...that's why I like hanging out with you:)

@Heather - I'll have to check that DVD out. Would be great to find one that works but doesn't take long to do. And I can't tell you how many days I've spent in my workout clothes and never worked out! Haha!

Anonymous said...

I have finally caught up with your life from way back to the snow storm. You are one brave women but with a little boy with temp I guess I would have done the same thing. Your blog was an interesting read and I enjoyed every bit of it. Good luck on your goal to loose weight. I have fought it all my life. My Mom weighed 250#s and I am in very low 150#s so I feel I have accomplished something. Just keep blogging because I love reading it. The twins and Ethan are really growing up. Good luck on Home Schooling. You have found a lot of resources. Luv ya all

Anonymous said...

Was at the Cardiologist yesterday and, you guessed it, need to give up all the goodies and bring the tryglicerides down. Sorry I did not sign my name to the above comment but I thought it would come up. So for the one above and this one it is A. Arlene. So starting tomorrow a whole new menue for me.