Thursday, September 20, 2007

First Field Trip

The twins are going on their first field trip tomorrow to an apple orchard. They are SO excited and have been talking about nothing else all week!! "Mom, do I get to get up early tomorrow?" "No, dear....not for another four days." Than I sigh and think about what a long week it's going to be:) They get to go with the morning Kindergarten class which they think is the best thing ever...AND they get to be car riders for the day instead of bus riders!

Our Crown Financial bible study has been leading us through reviewing how we view our posessions. This is timely for me since I've been cleaning out closets and de-cluttering in anticipation of our move. It's amazing how I tend to hang on to things that I really should have gotten rid of years ago:) I don't tend to be a saver but I still have things I need to part with. When you look at everything from the perspective that God owns it and he's entrusting it to us to take care of you begin to realize that you can't possibly take care of everything you have so maybe it's time to clean out! "The more you have, the more you have to have to take care of the things you have!!" That's a quote from Jungle Jam - a CD the kids like to listen to! It's so true, though!

Uh Oh! I hear E - As the Lord has entrusted him to us I'd better go take care of His possesion :) Sure puts things in perspective, now doesn't it;)

2 comments:

Julie B. said...

It makes me feel like a total failure when I'm reminded that I'm a caretaker of His things. I hope He can forgive me for putting off the house cleaning...again... ;)

Ryan and Becky Weiss said...

I hear ya!