Saturday, September 15, 2007
NEVER say Never!
You know how the saying goes, "Never say never?" Yeah, well it caught up to me this time! A few weeks ago I was having a conversation with someone (don't remember who) about how the twins have never cut anything they weren't supposed to with scissors. Well, that's easy when they haven't had access to scissors. BUT, because of Kindergarten they have a school box of supplies that they keep at home to do "homework" with and in that box are - guess what - a pair of scissors. AND this afternoon I'm sweeping away when I enter the bathroom and find a bunch of hair around the toilet. "How odd" I think to myself. Katie and Matthew are here and are using that bathroom and I'm thinking that Matthew must have given himself a haircut (while on the toilet, apparently) and didn't clean it up. WELL, about an hour later I'm in the basement yelling at - excuse me...asking Kenton politely to get his rear in gear and pick up as we have supper company coming in an hour when I notice - HE'S MISSING HAIR!!! The story went, "Huh, what scissors? What hair?" NOW, this is hard to believe as there is evidence to the contrary - he HAS to know what's going on! FINALLY, "Kaitlyn did it. She was practicing to be a hair cutter." HMMM, Kaitlyn is not fessing up so now we know one of them is lying..."Kenton did it himself!" "Well were you in the bathroom with him at the time?" "NO!" Ryan sat down with them and gave them the "One of you is lying to me and you would have been in less trouble if you would have just confessed" speech. Kaitlyn eventually confessed. LET me tell you that it's so hard to know which child is lying!!!! You just have to keep throwing out consequences until one of them decides that they had better hurry up and confess before they get EVERY thing they own taken away:) There will be a picture forthcoming and I have to confess - Katie and I were laughing through most of the ordeal as it WAS quite funny! She had also noticed the hair and had ALSO blamed Matthew - Poor Matthew - He wasn't around when this all took place so I don't think he even knows that he was a culprit for a short time. Oh well, the twins are now banned from using scissors EVER again (Or until the next "homework" assignment that requires their use) and I have hidden MY pair so well that even I don't know where to find them!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Lauren will NEVER do that! Well, I hope not anyway:)
I feel you're pain, Becky. Ireland did that when she was a toddler...she cut off the whole portion of hair above her ear. It was so short that it looked shaved. I was horrified, and it took over a year to grow out & blend in with the rest of her hair! ~Julie B.
Ryan and Becky:
This made me laugh! Our twins just did the same thing 2 weeks ago! They were at my parent's house, and Connor was quite proud of Nora's haircutting abilities. My mom felt so bad that it happened there. I know how quickly they get into mischief, though! Do you notice a common thread? The twin brothers let their twin sisters do what they want! Scary...
'Glad you're home safely!
-Betsy
Betsy - my mom kept laughing about the fact that Kenton actually let her do it! So yes, I do see the common thread:)
Hi Ryan & Becky: I left a comment using my blog account but it did not go through. I was commenting on the beautiful pictures you posted from Sinapore. I have blogs from Shanghi and E-mail to Bejing and our granddaughter is applying for teaching in 2008 in the provence of Henen. So I am learning so much about china. Chris always had a boy hair cut and Martha did not have any hair until finally at 18 months I got a lock for her baby book. The children are growing up so fast. Ethan is so handsome. The "Marjesty" picture is breathtaking. Luv ya A. Arlene
A. Arlene,
Does that mean that you keep a blog as well? If you do I'd love to see it! I don't have the correct e-mail address for you either so if you check back please e-mail it to me at rweisschef@yahoo.com!
Post a Comment