Thursday, October 11, 2007

Family Art Project

We have officially completed our first "Family Art Project"...it came home from school two weeks ago and we JUST did it this morning;) It consisted of Mom doing all the cutting, Dad doing all the designing, and Kaitlyn and Kenton messing up what we just did! Oh - and Ethan eating all the teeny, tiny pieces of scrap paper that he could find on the floor and than throwing up on the carpet. The scarecrows were still "drying" when the twins left for school so I took them in to the classroom for them...we wouldn't want them to get messed up on the bus, now would we? After all, Mom and Dad did a LOT of work on this FAMILY art project! To be fair, the twins really did do a lot...they colored and pasted and glitter glued. The entire time I was cutting the scarecrow pieces Kaitlyn kept saying, "Look at Mom's GOOD cutting skills...Boy she sure has GOOD cutting skills." I'm sure glad that all my years of cutting experience could be put to good use:)

Tonight we have our weekly Crown Financial Bible Study. I decided to try making my Mom's secret Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake...sure is hard when it's a secret recipe...:) I've heard that it gets RAVE reviews so we'll see how well I did tonight. The twins are going to a bonfire...it's homecoming tonight so there was NO chance of getting a sitter so they are going to the alternative activity that's been planned for the church kids. Ethan's going with us since he can't be trusted around a fire. I'd better go and get supper going so that we aren't late. The twins don't have school tomorrow so we may be taking a family trip to the pumpkin farm to get pumpkins for them to carve in a few weeks.

1 comment:

Julie B. said...

That cheesecake sounds delicious! I LOVE chocolate chip cookie dough:)