Monday, October 15, 2007

Peace and Quiet

Finally I have some peace and quiet around here:) The kiddos have been in bed since 8 although they aren't sleeping yet - well, Ethan is but the two that really need to be aren't! It was a rather quiet Monday around here. It was cloudy and cool most of the day so I stayed home and unmotivated. I achieved three things today - I got the twins off to school, I made supper, and I cleaned out the junk drawer. I think that last task more than makes up for the fact that I achieved little else today:)

Ryan and I nailed down the dates today for our move and he contacted the moving company to get everything confirmed. The twins should be accepted into SAS and our official acceptance letter will be here by early November. It's amazing how all the pieces continue to fall into place! When I start to worry about something I make myself take a step back and think about how God is completely in control of our lives and this move. It makes things easier for sure!

We hosted our last potluck:( yesterday. It was a very nice evening and it was fun to decorate my tables with nice dishes and tablecloths and centerpieces! With three little ones running around I don't get to do that often. This week will be a busy one. I have a meeting tomorrow at school for the Fall Party and than it's my day to volunteer in the classroom. Wednesday I head to Topeka for a little get together with my Sabetha friends - I'm really looking forward to meeting up with them and getting to spend some time without children...uninterrupted talking - how nice! Friday I head off on a field trip with the twins to the pumpkin patch - should be fun as long as it doesn't rain:) This weekend we head to Illinois for a wedding - October is going to be over before we know it!

1 comment:

Julie B. said...

Good job on taking some well-deserved downtime, Becky! I do that to :)