Saturday, October 13, 2007

Update on the cheesecake (and Thurs evening)

Kaitlyn in a finer moment...read on!

Well, my evening the other night did NOT turn out as planned...more about that in a minute....what DID turn out was the cheesecake and I ended up calling a (skinny) friend on Friday and told her to come and get the rest of it lest I finish off a half a cheesecake by myself - oh it CAN be done!

About the rest of that evening...Let's just say that Kaitlyn melted in a temper tantrum more than once and during the last one as we were cleaning up supper and getting ready to go to the Bible Study I told her that she didn't get to go to the bonfire and had to go to bed. She didn't receive that well but was in bed at 7:05...and was SOUND asleep by 7:10. I would say someone was over tired. I asked her the next morning if she'd learned her lesson and she said, "No." ARGHHHH!!! I was disappointed to miss the Bible study but she needed a consequence that would hurt - even if it was only for the 5 minutes it took her to fall asleep:)

PS to the 7:05 bedtime....she was wi-ide awake by 6:30am and in our room talking...we won't try putting her to bed that early again as I don't really like to see that side of 8am:) I know, I know...so I like to sleep in!!






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You think 8:00 is sleeping in?...That sounds really early to me! So, I won't tell you when I get up :) ~Julie

Ryan and Becky Weiss said...

We-ell - I used to think sleeping in was MUCH later than 8:00 - But that was before my 5 year old son decided to start getting up at that time every day for the last 6 months! Ryan thinks anything after 6 am is sleeping in....poor guy:)

Anonymous said...

Becky - you just have to know that I love your blog. Any blog that has to do with children is just a blitz for me. Loved the 7:05 deal and I am with you. I like my 8:00 sleep in time. U. Bob will get up at 7:30 and then will say to me What time did you want to get up? Guess that shoots 8:00 because I do have to answer him right? On days when he golfs I may take an 8:30 morning but then it makes me late for walking. I try to walk 30 minutes 4 days a week. Guess we all have little pet peeves no matter our age. Right? Luv ya all so much - A. Arlene

Anonymous said...

I am thinking that the cheesecake sounds really good right now. How much is left by now? If it was my house there would be none left.
Have a great day!
Jamie

Ryan and Becky Weiss said...

Jamie,
It's gone:) Half of it was consumed at our Bible Study and I had three TINY pieces (slivers, really) and the rest I gave to Brittany so I wouldn't eat it!

A. Arlene:
Thanks for checking our blog:) You are putting me to shame with all your exercising! I whine around that I'm too old and tired BUT I guess that excuse is no longer valid!