Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Another Snapshot of Our Lives

With the following pictures please keep in mind that pictures haven't been hung yet or walls painted. Katie - this shows what some creative picture taking can do with the mess that is still there:)
This first picture is of Kaitlyn's room. This is also our GUEST room for when all our GUESTS come to visit (hint, hint!)
Here is our office and where we e-mail and Skype to you from. Keep in mind that I kind of just shoved things onto shelves and in drawers and under the desk so it's a little messy yet! The lamp was left here by the previous tenants and I just realized that the shade is tipped - now it's going to bug me that I can't just reach in there and fix it! How do you like our new computer monitor? Ryan won it at his company supper so we hooked the Wii up to it and will eventually hook up our computer as well - you will all be in HD when we Skype so look your best! :) Joan - do you see my "Angel of a Friend?"

This is our front door. The door that is hiding off to the right of the picture goes into the kitchen which is the door that service men use, the provisioner, and the maid - if we had one! This area is enclosed by a metal gate so we can leave all our shoes, stroller and wagon in this area as well.


Woodgrove Condo, where we live, is pictured directly behind the Woodgrove St. sign. Our apartment is hidden by the palm trees...

Note the plunger in the corner...when I first sent this picture to my family several people pointed it out. So I decided I better mention it first this time least you think we are tacky people! It is covering a drain hole and our Realtor advised us that it's there for a reason - maybe when it rains heavily the drain backs up??? I guess we will find out soon enough:) This balcony is off our of living room and the office also has windows that overlook it.

Our master bedroom - we have our own private balcony although we've never used it! In fact the white metal gates covering the sliding glass doors are locked and I haven't taken the time to figure out which key fits it yet! The previous tenants left us a nice little wooden chair to sit on, even. The desk and mirror are built in and couldn't be changed - the wicker chair and the lamp also came with the place. We were fortunate to be left a grand total of three lamps:) I just noticed that there is also a TV stand that was left here that is at the foot of the bed. Since we don't have a use for this I'm not sure what we are going to do with it yet...any ideas? (Storage room is full and if we pitch it we may be held accountable.)

Kenton and Ethan's room sports a bunk bed that is tall enough for a dresser to fit under. We figure that when E is out of the crib we will sell the crib and dresser and put a little toddler bed under there and make it into a fort. Maybe he'll actually stay in his bed that way???

We have wardrobes here instead of closets. Trust me when I say that a closet has so much more space than a wardrobe! Our world map was kicked out of the office due to a lack of wall space and found a home in the boys' room. Incidentally - Ethan doesn't sleep in this room. He's still in a pack n play in our room which begs the question - "WHY do we have a crib?"

The wardrobe in this room is not built in and was also left by the previous tenant. We transformed it into a toy cabinet as it's in the office. Oops, Katie! Guess I didn't get EVERYthing hidden well!

Another view of Kaitlyn's room to prove to our future GUESTS that you get your own private balcony! What is NOT shown is how BIG your own private balcony is! You also get your OWN private bathroom:) So, who's up for coming first???



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Becky. Thanks for the "tour" of your new home:) I bet if feels great to finally be getting settled!

David & Jenna said...

Your apt looks really nice! Maybe sometime before you guys move back David & I will be able to visit & use that GUEST room :)

Ryan and Becky Weiss said...

It does feel nice to be settled! Jenna, you are welcome ANY time!

Anonymous said...

Did Ryan look and see if I can get cheap tickets in June?
I want to be 1st!!
Tina