Last Saturday we went to the Singapore Zoo with some friends - Brian and Fay and their two kids, Reese and Jake. It was hands down the best zoo we've ever been to - beating out Omaha and San Diego! Right inside the front entrance you walk straight into a rain forest and there are monkey's overhead. Everywhere we turned it seemed like there were animals. It's formatted the same way as the Kansas City Zoo - no cages, just animals in their natural habitat - only it's much easier to see the animals than when you are at the KC Zoo. Other than one little mishap of some of us being separated for 30 minutes it was a very nice day!
************
Ethan was captivated by the pacing leopards - or maybe it's a jaguar - There is a difference but I don't remember which is which! One has spots within the spots and the other does not.
Like I said earlier, there are monkey's everywhere! Here they were just being fed lunch - it seemed like everytime we turned around we were able to watch animals being fed.
Ryan and Kaitlyn pass the time while waiting to be reconnected up with the rest of us! I think that they saw enough of the white tigers to last them for awhile!
Can you spot the white tigers???
Rainforest everywhere you look! It's odd not going into a special building to see the rainforest exhibit:)
When Kenton became tired of walking he jumped on Fay's "boogie board" for a ride - it makes it more awkward to push the stroller but it's a good investment when you have small kids!******************
WARNING: IF YOU REALLY CAN'T STAND SNAKES YOU MAY WANT TO SKIP THE NEXT PHOTO!!!!
WARNING: IF YOU REALLY CAN'T STAND SNAKES YOU MAY WANT TO SKIP THE NEXT PHOTO!!!!
Kaitlyn interrupts her lunch to hold a snake! They seriously came into the eating area with these snakes so people could hold them if they wanted.
Kenton, Ethan, Kaitlyn, and Sam are ready for the zoo. This is right outside our apartment complex. From here you walk one block to the main road and hail a taxi to the zoo. It's maybe a 10 minute ride from our condo - not bad at all!
Brian, Reece (hidden behind Kenton), Kenton, Kait, and Ryan ride on an elephant. I've seen camel rides before but never an elephant! While they were waiting in line one of the elephants started acting up - I yelled to Ryan that I hoped his life insurance was paid up! They were blessed to get the more subdued animal!
Kaitlyn and Reese take a break from walking in a wagon.
Okay - any guesses as to what they are feeding? I know but I want to see if any of you can figure it out! I don't think I would have! Like I said before, everywhere we went there were opportunities to feed animals or watch them be fed.
Although this looks like an alligator, it is not! I can't remember the name of it - it was one of the first animals we saw once we had entered the zoo.
Brian and our kids eating lunch.
Ethan was nervous when we first arrived at the white tiger exhibit because on the way there we were hearing some strange noises. We never did figure out which animal they came from but I think that they spooked him a little!
They have "outdoor" restrooms at the zoo and most "touristy" places you visit around Singapore. There was a waterfall right behind the sinks that formed a "wall" of sorts. Prettiest restrooms we've ever seen:)
Kaitlyn and Sam had their pictures taken all over the zoo together so that she could put them into Sam's journal of what they did together for the weekend.
13 comments:
Great pictures. I love going to the zoo. We went last year when Gavin was almost 2 years old and I was very pregnant-not so much fun when you are pregnant to go but Gavin loved it and it was a great day for him. I think the kids are feeding an alligator but that is totally a guess. Sara T.
Becky,
It is great to see you guys with the Alesi's! It really is a small world. Tell them hello from the Heinold's. I try to check on you on Fridays and see what is new. Sounds like you have an active little boy:-) I'm praying for you!
Elizabeth
Great pictures Becky....we definately have to go when we visit!! LOL Joan
I have a pic of Tom and I holding a snake. I am about 8-9 and Tom is about 5-6 I think. The snake is draped around our shoulders and I am holding the head. Tom is looking very frightened straight at the snake's head.
Tina
Good Guess, Sara but no! They are Manatees! I didn't realize that they had snouts like that!!!
Elizabeth,
I will tell them! It's good to hear from you:)
Joan,
I'm glad you are saying "when!"
Tina,
I would LOVE to see that picture!
Hi Becky!
Sounds like an awesome zoo! But I'm not convinced you were even there...since you're NOT in any of the pics! :) By the way, I haven't abandoned my blog completely...I'm just relaxing in Santa Monica, CA right now with Mark:)
I forgot that now is when you are in California! I hope that you are enjoying your time in the sun:) To be fair, Fay is not in any of the pictures either! I am starting to question whether I'm along on this trip or not as there are VERY few pictures of me - my hubby needs to do a better job of taking pictures, what do you say?
Hi, Becky! I'm writing from the bank! Just wanted to tell you that we loved the pictures. Jesse especially loved the animals. Could you take Ethan sometime and just photograph the animals for us? Then my kids could see the animals - kind of an "e-zoo"! :)
Val
Aren't zoos great? Wish I could see that one - sounds really nice! I was going to guess a hippo. A manatee, huh? What did they feed it? My dad could probably tell you what the alligator-thing is - maybe a caiman?
they were feeding it chopped up veggies - carrots for sure, don't remember the rest. I will look at the sign the next time we are there to find out exactly what the alligator thing is...:)
That look like a GREAT zoo!! Our zoo in South Bend is so very SAD:( My guess is that the kiddos are feeding a hippo??
~Jenna
Ok...so I didn't read down far enough to see the answer ;) hehe
That's really neat. I've never seen a manatee before.
~Jenna
is that alligator like thingy a caiman yo no se for sure
Post a Comment