Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Conversations From The Brink Of Insanity

Please bear in mind that these conversations happen DAILY, sometimes hourly!

**********************************************
Kenton:

"Mom, can I play the computer?" (Asked after playing for hours already)

Me:

"No, Kenton. You may not."

Kenton:

"Why not?"

Me:

"Because I said so!" (We've already discussed the reason at least three times.)

Kenton:

"But, I just want to know WHY!"

Me:

"BECAUSE I'M THE MOM! THAT'S WHY!"

Kenton:

"Why?"

And so the conversation continues...

**************************************************
Kaitlyn:

At the absolute top of her lungs in the grocery store, "SILENT NIGHT, HOLY NIGHT! SILENT NIGHT, HOLY NIGHT! SILENT NIGHT, HOLY NIGHT..."

Me:

"Sh-h-h-h-h!!!!!"

Kaitlyn:

"Why?" Oh wait, "WHY???"

Me:

"Because everyone is STARING at us!" (Asian children are seriously the quietest kids around! My children sound like fog horns in comparison with a normal tone of voice!)

****************************************************************
Me:

"Finish your supper."

Twins: (Take your pick as to which one!)

"But I'm not hun-ngry!"

Me:

"Fine, than don't ask me for a bedtime snack."

Anyone want to take a wild stab at what happens next?

**************************************

Me:

"Ethan! Get off the table! Ethan! Get those rocks out of your mouth! Ethan, STOP SCREAMING! Ethan, no no! Ethan, the lamp plug is ouchies! Oh, Ethan! You spilled the orange juice AGAIN? Who left the OJ where Ethan could reach it?!?!?"

**************************************
Kenton:

"Mom! Ethan just put ____________ (fill in the blank) in the toilet!"

Me:

"WHO LEFT THE BATHROOM DOOR OPEN, AGAIN??"

Twins: (Once again take your pick...)

"Not me!"

Well, it certainly wasn't ME and I know it wasn't Ethan so.....

***********************************************************

Kenton:

"Mom, I can't sleep."

Me:

"Try counting sheep."

Kenton:

"I already tried that and it didn't work."

Me:

"Try doing math problems." (No kidding, he does this!)

Kenton:

"I tried that too and it didn't work! My brain just won't shut off!"

Me:

"Try saying a prayer that God will shut your brain off long enough that you fall asleep."

Kenton: (after disappearing for a few minutes)

"He isn't answering my prayer!"

Me:

"Try shutting your light off and actually closing your eyes."

Well, what do you know? Mom does know something after all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Random question: How do you put those polls on your blog? Is that a blogger thing or something you have to copy and paste into your template thing?

Anonymous said...

We have conversations like that at our house also! I would love to have a recording of my answers for some of those questions so I can just press play when I am busy, trying to concentrate on something and I get asked one more time "Why?"

Ryan and Becky Weiss said...

Dona,
Go to "Customize" from your home screen and select the "Layout" tab. Next "Add an element" and than I think that the poll feature is one of the top two that you can pick. Let me know if that's confusing...:)

Anonymous: the recording feature would be a GREAT idea!!!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous was Jamie!!

Ryan and Becky Weiss said...

Hi Jamie!