Monday, April 21, 2008

Home Hospitality

This past Saturday we had the privilege of hosting two US sailors from the USS Abraham Lincoln for supper. We had a wonderful time with them and are glad to have made new friends! We grilled out by the pool and swam a little before supper. The twins loved having young, energetic friends to play with! They were just as nervous about us as we were about them:) They told us that the sailors LOVE care packages - if anyone is interested in sending them something to share with their fellow sailors let me know and I will get you their address and a list of things they would appreciate. Not everyone on the ship receives packages and letters from back home so anything is appreciated. Andrew told us that his sister teaches school and the children all sent letters - he said it gives them something to read! I'm guessing that they would do their best to respond as well if they are able.

Kenton, Andrew, Billie, and Kaitlyn

This is a picture that I should have put with the previous post - it's of the birthday party that Kaitlyn attended last weekend at Build-A-Bear. The girls all had a fun time:)

************************************

We are keeping busy like usual! Both of the twins went to a b-day party last weekend and they each have another one this Saturday. Kaitlyn has a friend over today - the first we've invited since moving here. Kenton went over to a neighbor's house for awhile - too much girl going on here at the moment! Ethan has a fever today and has been pretty cranky. He has a runny nose so hopefully it will run it's course soon. Ryan was in Australia and China again last week and is home this week teaching a class. I have been doing the usual laundry, housework, and kids but have taken some time to catch up on some reading. It's slow going as it seems I usually only have about 5 minutes before I need to be up doing things again:) Well, my buddy just climbed up on my lap which is rare and the girls want to go swimming so I'd better wrap this one up!

No comments: