Tuesday, July 22, 2008

New Friends

Last week at the library we met some new friends, Ashton and Cate. Yesterday we spent the afternoon at the zoo with them to kill some time. Ryan was in Adelaide, Australia so we were on the prowl for things to fill our time!

This picture is a little overexposed (I STILL haven't completely figured out my camera!) but I posted it anyway because it was fun. I asked Ashton, Kenton, and Kaitlyn to pose by the waterfall thinking "Cute Picture" and this is what they did!
It's so much fun now that they can read! Kenton and Ashton are reading about the giraffes. Did you know that they can kill a lion with just one kick? But if they are kneeling down to drink water they are more vulnerable to the lion's attack.
Kaitlyn took Cate down the "slide." This slide is made up of a bunch of rollers. Ryan and I laugh because you would NEVER find a slide like this in the US. The first thing I said when I saw it was "Oh, they are going to pinch their fingers!" Which both twins have!
Kenton likes to "skate" down the slide...
**********************************************************
How's this for something that you don't hear in the US much? I've spent the morning listening to gun fire pops and machine gun fire. Supposedly there is a military training ground across the road from us...that's what they tell me, anyway!

1 comment:

Sara T said...

Skating down the slide looks pretty risky!! You couldn't get me to do it but it looks really fun.