Okay, so according to popular opinion I'm going to hang onto my stuffed puppy awhile longer! Sorry, Katie!!! Thanks for the votes:)
Ugh! Singapore weather has been HOT and HUMID the past few days! It's still the second monsoon season of the year so we do get a break when it's cloudy. Today was sunny so after a trip to the school library to return books and lunch with friends we hit the pool for awhile this afternoon! It was refreshing when we first got in and than not so much after awhile!
It is officially DURIAN season! I will try to get a picture of this LOVELY fruit to post so that you can see what it looks like. Apparently the Singaporeans love this fruit but the rest of us think that it smells bad. Ryan actually tasted it and he wouldn't have it again...now that is saying something of the man who has been known to like saganaki (sp?) cheese!!! Durian is banned on the subways, on the buses, and in taxis because of the smell and there is a fine if you are caught. You can smell this fruit long before you hit the market across the street from our house and in the elevator outside our front door and I've smelled a few neighbors cooking it:(
Maybe tomorrow I will try to get a few pictures of the market across the street from us since I haven't posted any pictures of this yet...
Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday and had a good weekend - we spent the day Saturday just hanging out here playing "tennis" with the twins and swimming. Saturday evening we had our friends Brian and Fay and their two kids Reese and Jake over for the evening and supper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hi from Korea!
We know what it is like when things are in season.....
The eel season is here where we are. They actually call it a snake fish. The vice principal where I work was the first to have me try it. My Korean teacher, Jeong Won, had me try the dried bone because she said it was good for calcium. It didn't taste as bad as the actual eel.
Today we went out for noodle soup with an English speaking Korean and she forget to say that clams, octopus,and cuttlefish where going to be in the soup. :) What a surprise for all of us!
John & Wanda Kinsinger
James, Jesse, and Joy
+ Kendra Baer
Durian fruit was available at Giant sometimes when I worked there...and it does smell. Although the smell wasn't as strong. I suspect it lost some of the aroma while traveling to the states.
dona - you are probably right although if it wasn't cut open the smell isn't as strong. Once it is cut open you can smell it one block away!
Kinsinger's - I think that I'll take durian over eel!!! Glad to hear from you!
Post a Comment