Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Before supper tonight Kenton was on the couch reading a book. The next time I looked Ethan had climbed up and was looking at a truck book. The peaceful scene lasted about another 30 seconds before Ethan began using his book as a weapon...SIGH! Ethan also threw a ball out of our fourth story window...He threw it and came running over to where I was sitting and looked at me with very wide eyes. The next thing I knew I could hear BOUNCE, bounce, bounce four stories down. The turkey KNEW that he wasn't supposed to do that!!!
Around 4:30 this afternoon we had a storm roll in. I have always loved the way the sky looks and the feel of the air cooling down and the distant rumbles of thunder proceeding an incoming storm. I also wanted to show my bougainvillea...when I returned home from the summer it wasn't doing very well with only a few leaves on it. After putting it in a bigger pot and fertilizing it I was surprised one morning with a multitude of blooms! It still has a way to go with the recovery (it's supposed to be covered in leaves) but I figure we've made a good start! Anyone who knows me well knows that I do NOT have a green thumb and I tend to kill most anything that I try to grow. It's a miracle that my children have survived as long as they have....:)
*************************************************
TOMORROW'S THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! Oh wait, I should be a little less enthusiastic...tomorrow's the first day of school!
I really will miss them...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soo with your enthusiasm for school starting!! It is okay!
Jennifer(Julie's sister)

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... No twins during the day, no cleaning, no cooking, no laundry. Whatever will you do? I think the only solution is to send your maid to my house for a month so that you can expel some of your pent up energy! :)

Ryan and Becky Weiss said...

Thanks, Jennifer! Glad to know that I'm not alone!

Julie,
Sit by the pool, read a few books, take naps, sip an ice cold lemonade, check blogs, chat on the phone...See, I'll keep PLENTY busy!