Trip number two to the zoo wasn't too bad - I had three little boys this time who spent much time reading all the facts at each exhibit. Our agenda was to find the animal each had researched the week before in class and take their picture by it. We also had a five page scavenger hunt to fill out which we only got about 1/2 done since we took so much time at each exhibit. While Kaitlyn's group yesterday chose to attend the Splash Safari, Kenton's group decided on The
Rainforest Fights Back so I felt like I wasn't doing the exact same thing two days in a row. Ethan stayed home today:) Once again I saw an animal there that I've never seen before - the
komodo dragon - which one of the boys had researched. I also saw a snake climbing straight up a wall which was very disconcerting. I would like to believe that they can't do that!!! This means they have access to areas that I didn't realize...

Kenton doing his part for the scavenger hunt

Kenton, Tyler, and
Declan
Tyler by the
komodo dragon

Kenton in front of a tortoise which was what he researched last week

Anaconda heading straight up a wall! This thing stretched out was about 6 feet long. There was another snake already up on top of the wall which is probably why this one was heading there. The snake is the fat, shiny thing in the picture - the other is a vine.

All three boys back on the bus after a long, FUN day at the zoo! Kenton had the choice of staying the rest of the day and watching a movie with his class or coming home with me. Guess which one my "home body" picked?

I had another go at the flower I photographed yesterday. This one turned out much sharper and I am happier with the picture:)
1 comment:
Hi Kenton, I really liked the pictures of you & your friends at the zoo - its fun to remember grandpa & I were there before, too!
Gma Weiss
Post a Comment