Monday, March 30, 2009

Poll Time!

Well, it's time for another poll! I've been doing some research on some things that we will possibly need to buy once we move back to the US and I want to know what opinions everyone has on top load vs. front load washing machines. I had a top-load before and honestly the only two things I didn't like about it were the agitator in the middle and the fact that it couldn't hold a big comforter. There are a lot of negative reviews out there on front load which is what I thought I wanted. What do you have and what would you recommend? Vote off to the right and also leave comments or e-mail me your preferences...Call it my own "Consumer Reports" research:)

PS: For some reason I'm having trouble posting the poll - check back later to see if it's up and running if you don't see it over to the side. Feel free to leave a comment anyway!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love my front loader. It doesn't fit a queen size comforter, but I know that there are ones that do. My kids can help take clothes from washer to dryer when I don't have time. I never got the stools for them so that you don't have to bend down so low. It is not something that I even think about when I am doing laundry. Mine is great!
Jamie

Sara T said...

Sorry I don't know much about a fronter loader washing machines. I love our top loader. I seem to be able to cram a lot into them. We have had it for almost 9 years and only had one problem. Sorry I'm not much help.

Betsy Jo said...

Hey, Becky-

LOVE my LG front loader (from Home Depot)-- Fits queen comforter and then some! No problems, and we were using 22 gallons of water per load for our old top-loader (we pay for our water), and now the front loader only uses 8 gallons of water per load. HUGE difference! Good luck deciding.

Kara Beyer said...

I have a whirlpool front loader and love it. Holds lots and lots of clothes and I can fit a queen comforter in it. We have had it for 3 yrs and never had a problem.

The Kinsinger's said...

We love and miss our front loader back the US! Ours was big enough for a queen comforter too. I think the reviews are biased.

+'s for the front loader:

Less soap
Tax credit for energy efficient
More Gentle on the clothes
Naturely agitates the clothes
*Kid friendly*
(our kids have loved helping load the laundry since they were two)

John

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky: I vote top load because of stooping which is hard on my back. Also I have so many settings on my Washer and Dryer that slows the agaitator down for delicates and then varies to Cottons. I have The Kitchen Aid Brand. I also wonder on the front load if you decide just after you start it are you able to open the door for maybe something that you dropped that needed to be in that load. If any of you girls see this and can address that issue I would like to know. Luv ya and enjoy your blog. A. Arlene

Ryan and Becky Weiss said...

Hi A. Arlene! My mom has a front loader and said because it is so efficient with water you can stop it once it's been started to add clothes. They use very little water so there is no worry of water spilling out if you open it. Also, the front loaders can come with stands (or the stands can be custom built out of wood) so that also eliminates the stooping over. Hope that answers your question!

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky: Yes that does answer my question. Never thought about the fact that it could be set up higher.Thanks Becky - Luv ya A. Arlene