Sooooo - yesterday I was feeling pretty homesick for Riley Street. I was sitting in my family room feeling sad when I decided that maybe if I painted the family room the same color/s/ I had in KC it would help me feel a little more at home here. So off to Home Depot Ethan and I went. I had previously decided which shade of red I wanted so it was really just a matter of picking up the paint. The first coat didn't go on so well - in fact I ended up calling Behr paint because I've never seen paint do what mine did yesterday - and I have painted A LOT. The best way to describe what happened is to tell you to imagine what it would look like if you tried applying paint over wax. It was not good and very frustrating. I ended up making a 2nd trip to Home Depot thinking maybe it was the paint. Turns out we think it was the paint underneath that was creating that effect and not the red paint it self. A huge pain but one more coat and it will look fantastic. Thankfully that only happened on one wall since the other three walls were a different type of paint. Anyway, two walls down - two to go...AFTER I drop Ethan off with my sister-in-law. Let's just say a 2.5 year old and paint don't mix. While I'm LOVING my red walls I'm not really loving my red floor:) It did come up but I'm done with painting while he's around!
Ryan gets home tonight with the camera so I'll try to get a few pictures posted in the next day or two of the completed room. Also I will try to get pictures up of our house furnished. Just realized the other day that I never did that! Just for you Melissa!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment