I made Mary M's caramel rolls today for the first time on my own since she taught me how this summer. I have to say...they are a success! Now, they don't look anywhere near as nice as hers but they sure taste good! Biting into one is like biting into a little slice of lunch on Sunday's in KC...!!! I have always had trouble rolling the dough out so that each roll is an equal size. My middle is usually fatter than the ends - and I'm not talking about me...although I supposed there is truth to that...:) I've tried and tried to roll the dough out more evenly but have never had any luck. OH WELL! When you place them all in a 9x13 pan to bake on top of caramel it doesn't matter much unless you really want them to look nice.
My parents are headed up tonight through Saturday after lunch so I'm looking forward to that! It's been a bit of a rough week emotionally so I'm ready for a good distraction. Mom wants to look for furniture tomorrow and Anne M is joining us so it should be a fun day. Now, if I could just convince Ryan to babysit the little rug rat named E...
Speaking of E, he NEEDS me right now so I'll close.
Blessings,
Becky
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Do you know that this claims to be posted Friday, Sept 25th, at 3:07 a.m.?
I am glad you decided to keep blogging a while. I enjoy reading it!
I think that I must still be set up with the Singapore time zone...oops! Thanks for pointing that out because I most certainly was NOT blogging at 3:07am last night!
As David would say, Ryan cannot "babysit" his own kids they are HIS kids and it's just part of the joys of being Daddy :) Glad my husband is so adamant about this, makes it easy for me to leave them. ;) Should he talk to Ryan about this? :P Hope you have a great time with your mom!!
Post a Comment