Sunday, January 24, 2010

Basement Blues

Time to stop procrastinating and start on the basement:( Ryan's corner has a good start but the rest of it...sigh. I'm heading down there with two bags - one for toys that are broken and need to be thrown away and one for the toys to donate/garage sale off this spring. To help give you an idea of what I'm up against here's a few pictures....

Ryan's corner which actually isn't too bad.

There's a bunch of 1/2 empty paint cans in the corner that I need to figure out how to dispose of. They all came with the house.
Then there are all the kids toys. I don't think that I blogged this but back in October I sent the kids to my moms for a few days while I cleaned out the rest of the house top to bottom. I decided that other than a few things most of the toys would be kept in the basement. This keeps the mess down there which works for me:) Now I just need to get them organized!


All my scrapbooking stuff ended up on the hutch - I'm hoping to commandeer one of Ryan's tables to get it all set up there so I can actually go down and work on things from time to time!

Eventually my plan is to find remnant carper squares to lay down so that it feels "warm" down there so that the kids will actually go down and play. I also want to get a few more fluorescent lights to brighten things up. I will post pictures when it's all done but it may take awhile!

Well, here goes! If you don't hear from me in a couple of days please send in a search party!!

Big Bad Basement - here I come!

No comments: