We had a fun weekend relaxing with Ryan's family both Saturday night and Sunday night playing games together. Saturday was also a day to get caught up on all the housework and laundry that had been piling up since middle December since we have been on the run since then! The kids are home today (Martin Luther King Day) so we are headed to the basement in a bit to get started on the mess down there. I warned them last night that today would end up another work day going through toys and getting rid of ones that they don't play with anymore. Kaitlyn and Kenton both told me, "Maybe we should donate some of our toys to the kids down in Haiti since they lost theirs."
Speaking of Haiti Saturday night as I was laying in bed I tried envisioning what it would be like to be completely trapped and pinned by concrete. It took about 30 seconds before I had to throw the blankets off in complete panic and sit up gasping for air. I'm so claustrophobic and I cannot imagine the horror that so many people have been going through. CNN was reporting that there most likely were quite a few people who didn't die from the earthquake itself but from being trapped without water. I can only hope and pray that I could have the attitude and faith of the lady mentioned in the story in the above link!!
"From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the Lord's name is to be praised!"
Trying today to be more thankful and not complain!

No comments:
Post a Comment