Thursday, February 11, 2010

EarthShaking Week

Warning:  This post is rambling and long!

It's been another crazy week here in Northern Illinois!  I had Lauren and Brett from Sunday night through yesterday afternoon.  I met Ben and Melissa on Sunday evening in Yorkville for supper at Pizza Hut to pick the kids up.  We pretty much had the restaurant to ourselves which was nice...yea for the Super Bowl:)

Monday after the twins left for school I packed up the other three and ventured out to the grocery store...they did amazing but I am glad I don't have to do that very often:)  BTW:  while we were there Ethan says to a man stocking shelves,  "Nice boxes!"  :P  After dropping off the groceries at home we headed to pick up Taydon before heading out to Jamie's for a few hours.  Than it was a quick run home for naps before packing up ALL 5 KIDS and heading to a foreign country otherwise known as Spring Hill Mall (Elginites will know what I mean by that!)  We needed to order new lenses for Kaitlyn's glasses at LensCrafters so we picked out frames, got them ordered, and headed to the food court for supper and the play area to kill time before the glasses were ready to be picked up.  I have a NEW RESPECT for my friends who have more than 4 children!  I was EXHAUSTED by the time we got back home!!!

You may be wondering why I made that trip by myself...Ryan left Monday morning for NYC and was supposed to return Tuesday evening.  Because of the snowstorm here Midway airport was completely shut down for 24 hours starting Tuesday morning and ending Tuesday night.  He's still not home because of the backlog of flights which was made worse when the storm hit the East coast yesterday!

Tuesday we headed to preschool for my second week of teaching and the Valentine's party.  Lauren got to join us at preschool and LOVED every minute of it!  Ethan, on the other hand started screaming and temper tantruming about 1/2 way through and didn't quit for the rest of the day.  Good thing I had a helper to take over the V party!  After preschool we headed to Anne M's to pick up Brett and drop off her daughter and than home for naps.  At 3:00 I packed up my three while Alison babysat for L & B and we headed out into the snowstorm for our eye dr. appts.    

Tuesday night turned out to be a not so good night.  Brett didn't sleep good and than at 4:00am I was jolted awake by an earthquake.  I woke up to a rumbling sound and shaking but it was so brief that I didn't think it could be an EQ.  I thought maybe it was the wind, or a plane flying low, or a snowplow but when I looked outside everything looked calm.  We were supposed to be having blizzard conditions so I was surprised by how calm it was outside.  I went back to bed until 6:00 when Brett seemed to be awake for the day and that's when I got the text from Ryan asking if I had felt the EQ (click on blog title to go to article).  I have wanted to feel an EQ since I was little so initially I thought it was pretty cool.  When I went to lay down last night to sleep though I realized I was more creeped out by it than I thought.  I don't think it was by the EQ itself but from the thought that something could happen in the middle of the night that I have no control over when I'm responsible for kids by myself.  Does that make sense?

Wednesday I ran E, L, & B out to Jamie's before coming back to Huntley for a dentist appt.  It was the first of two - the second being today - that I will be REALLY glad when they are over!  After the appt I ran BACK to Jamie's to pick up the kids and head to Morris to meet Dad and Mom so they could return L & B to their rightful owners:)  Than a quick trip to pick up the twins before heading to Pump It Up for a school fundraiser night.  I couldn't find the place so we were a half hour late meaning the kids could only jump for a half hour before having pizza.  I felt bad but I think that they were tired because over all they handled it well!

I'm heading out for dentist appt # 2 and than it's home to clean and get ready for company this weekend! I'll be glad when Saturday hits and we can all relax a little.


No comments: