Thursday, January 27, 2011

Any Volunteers??

Anyone want to go to the grocery store for me?  Anyone??

It's been a little crazy since my last post earlier this week.  I woke up Tuesday am with a sore throat and headache.  As the morning went on I felt worse and by 10:30 we wrapped up school so I could go and lay down.  By 1:00 I had to call my sister-in-law to come and get the kids because they were fighting and it was not working with my headache.  By 6:00 I was headed into the doctor because the headache was still intense after two Aleve and I could feel every joint in my back and legs.  Throat culture came back positive for strep and with some antibiotics I was on the road to recovery.  NOW, that this happens while Ryan is gone for the week is just how things go in my life:)  If it snows and the drive needs shoveled - it's when he's gone.  If all the kids get sick - it's when he's gone.  If something major goes out like the furnance - you got it!  It's when he's gone!  We've learned over the years to adjust to things happening while he's gone and taking care of them ourselves.  This time however, I am VERY thankful that I have in-laws close by who were able to take the kids all night and shuttle them around for 2 days for me.  I don't know what I would have done without them!!

Now I need to head out to the grocery store but I'm dragging my feet because it's cold out there and snowing!  It's also one of my least favorite chores so I'm procrastinating as long as possible:)

3 comments:

David & Jenna said...

Well, with your bad luck of having things happen when Ryan is away. It seems like it's Ryan's good luck....lol :)

Matt Mangold said...

Amazon.com.....they sell groceries now. Its pretty cool. offering free delivery right now.

matt

Ryan and Becky Weiss said...

Jenna - ha! no more traveling for Ryan, then!

Matt - after my trip tonight with all three kids to Walmart I may be all over that!