Monday, January 24, 2011

Name of the Game

Flexibility - something that I've never been all that great at that I'm learning I need to deal with.  Today started off a little later than I like.  The kids have a hard time waking up on Monday mornings after a busy weekend so I've started letting them sleep in a little.  This pushed the whole entire school schedule back and I was starting to feel frustrated and was pushing the kids by 11:30 when I remembered that if our school work goes into the afternoon - SO WHAT?  If we take a break for 3 hours before we finish our last subject - SO WHAT?  By the time we had worked through our schedule and were ready for reading - the last subject of the day - the twins were having a very hard time concentrating.  So I said, "Okay, let's wrap up and we'll come back down later this afternoon and finish our reading."  It wasn't the end of the world and we still got all our work in plus all the piano practicing/chores that I had written down.  Well, that's not entirely true - I have things on my to do list for today that won't get done until later this week but...SO WHAT?  Flexibility is the name of the game around here!

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Julie B. said...

That's the beauty in homeschooling! You actually have the OPTION of being flexible if you want :D I miss that part of it! Good job, Becky :)

Maria said...

Now that sounds a little more like a normal homeschool day :)