Thursday, February 14, 2008

Have You Ever Chewed a Rubber Band?

Below is Ryan's First Ever Post:

Well, I ate Jellyfish for lunch yesterday. They warned me before I ate it, that it had the texture of a rubber band, and they were right! I never would have guessed...

If I have learned nothing else yet, I am getting pretty good with a pair of chopsticks. It is one of those things that happens when you get hungry... You learn to eat the local food, and you learn to use the utensils you are given!

I can't catch a fly from the air with my chopsticks like the old master in the "Karate Kid" movie years ago, but I can get an oyster, shrimp, small pepper, carrot parts, and noodles to my mouth. Sometimes my technique isn't perfect, but the flavor is the same.

I miss a few things from back home... Primarily friends, family, and church.

The other critical thing is corn fed beef! When I get home this summer, my goal is to find a steak, a cheeseburger, a good burrito, a pizza, and a short slab of ribs in my first week! Shoot, I might try it all on my first day...

Anyway, I am on the bus ride home. Have to stand up, because it is very crowded in the evenings! Fortunately, it makes a stop at a major shopping center about half way home, and clears off enough to sit, usually...

The weather is beatiful here so far. A lot of people everywhere, but somehow they have found places to put nice little parks in the midst of it all. The plants grow thick like a jungle because of the climate.

I have found that the people are not as clean as first believed. There is a lot of litter in certain areas, it just gets cleaned each morning.

Well, I am getting a little car sick on the bus, so I will sign off for now!

Best Wishes and Gong Xi Fai Chai (Chinese Happy New Year)!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yayyyyy, Ryan!! =0)

Anonymous said...

Ryan,
Loved hearing from you....I hope this is the first of many more posts to come!! We miss you here in OP.
Love,
Joan

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear from you, Ryan! What did you use to post on the run?