Friday, February 1, 2008

I've joined the ranks (Mom, don't read this)

Yep. I joined in the insane practice of walking when it's lightening out with an umbrella. Now, mind you, I had no other choice - but that didn't lessen the insaneness of it. I've been casually observing this practice from my window thinking, "NO way!" "Why would anyone with a brain hold onto a metal umbrella out in the open when it's lightening out!" Well, let me tell you I spent about 2 minutes on the phone to Ryan asking him to pray for me and about 15 minutes dashing from shelter to shelter praying hard that God would keep us safe! And I'm here to say that he did. And I hope that I never have to do that again!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time just put on a rain poncho and leave the umbrella at home:) When in Singapore...DON'T always do as the Singaporeans!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Julie! :)Joan

Ryan and Becky Weiss said...

yeah, you are right - but it doesn't help the being out in the middle of the open thing...

I suspect that there will be other things that I won't do just because the Singaporeans do:)

Tina said...

Who will I talk to in the middle of the night if you get hit by Lightening?? You have to think of your friends.

Ryan and Becky Weiss said...

Once again - True:)