Tuesday, February 5, 2008

New Diet Needed ASAP!

It's true - I went shopping today for a company dinner next weekend (we're supposed to wear traditional Chinese clothes) and discovered that I'm an XXL! Here I thought I was doing so well since Christmas and had actually lost weight just to discover that I'm an extra, extra Large!!! :( How on earth did I jump 4 sizes in one month? Pardon me while I go drown my sorrows in a can of Coke. And maybe some chocolate ice cream. Oh, and some potato chips. I may as well make it true:)

7 comments:

Tina said...

Sadly you keep eating you will have a hard time finding Chinise clothes that fit. I have a Chinese Silk shirt that is either XXL or XXXL, can't remember which, that fits good.

Anonymous said...

That's so sad :-( I would hate to have to buy XXL or in my case it would probably be XXXL. Just the thought is depressing. Hmmmm....we must look like giants to the Chinese?

Anonymous said...

Well, I wouldn't worry Becky... considering most chinese are the size of most americans ankles... Just cut off the tag and accidentally forget the size you bought:)

Anonymous said...

Well Becks, If it makes you feel any better, just imagine what size I'd be!!!!Just start eating water chestnuts and fish and I bet it would help :) I heard it helps us live longer too, but I'm like you, grab the coke (in moderation) and live life to the fullest!! Even if that means an XXL! Love and Miss Ya!

Marci

Ryan and Becky Weiss said...

Tina - I figured if I can't beat em, join em! I remember that shirt...:)

Jenna - we do! I'm not considered very tall in the US but I get comments ALL the time about how tall I am! LOL!

Julie - great idea to cut the tag off! Why didn't I think of that YEARS ago back in the US? Than I can say I'm whatever size I want =p "Yep, I'm a size 0 - really!" I'd be like the weight loss articles that says that a 160 pound woman wears a size 6 - yeah right!

Marci - you have an excuse to be much bigger than me!

Anonymous said...

Your mom told me in church tonight that you had jellyfish for lunch. I think you'll be in a smaller size real soon, Becky.

We think of you often and hope all continues to go well!

Stan and Norma

Ryan and Becky Weiss said...

Stan and Norma,

Thanks for taking time to check in on us:) Oh how I wish I'd be in a smaller size soon - it seems that we've been eating more junk food at home for comfort to make up for the foreign food!