Monday, May 12, 2008

Night Safari

A week ago we went with our neighbors to the Singapore Zoo Night Safari. We all really enjoyed it and as soon as I can figure out how to get the video off of our video camera I will post a video of the fire show that we saw at the front entrance of the Safari.

We took two pictures before we saw the signs that said "No Flash Photography!" OOPS! Although none of us could figure out how you would take a picture without a flash at night and get it to turn out... Anyway, the above picture is a barking deer - That is the sound they make!
These are Indian gharial crocodiles...we like how ominous they look at night!
Family picture at the entrance to the Safari. The hours are from 7pm - midnight. We were all exhausted by 9pm and can't imagine staying there longer! The Asians tend to come later in the evening - don't know how they do it.
Getting ready to ride the tram to see the animals. There are no fences or barriers (that you can see) between you and the animals so it's pretty impressive. You feel like you are literally right there. A few times we were actually surrounded on all sides by a particular type of animal - they were almost so close you could touch them. Of course the big cats and elephants and rhino's were a little farther away from us:)
Kait at the entrance to the Night Safari

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting. Looking forward to seeing you soon! Anyway, there's somebody missing from your family picture.......

Joe

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a fun experience. Leave it up to my husband to comment on the missing person :)

Joan

Anonymous said...

Oh. And here I thought I would be the first to say "hey - I thought there was another member to your family!"

People think it's the youngest that always gets all the attention - but here's just more testimony that it's the often the youngest that is forgotten! ;)

Ryan and Becky Weiss said...

What's with the Fehr Family attack?

Well, Dona, if you will notice about 4 posts down or so there is an ENTIRE post dedicated to the youngest in the family... In this case the youngest was at home with a sitter being PAMPERED while the rest of us were in the jungle being eaten alive by mosquito's... As the oldest in my family I'm going to say that it sounds like the youngest in the Fehr family has some issues with being the youngest (and therefore spoiled!) :P

Really though 7:00pm is Ethan's bedtime and if he's kept up much past that he's not so much fun to have around. And I think that as much at the twins love him they were glad to have mom and dad to themselves for once:)

Ryan and Becky Weiss said...

oh - and we can't wait to see you guys either...Three more weeks from today is when we fly!

Anonymous said...

I knew I could count on you Becky to not take to much guff from a youngest child....considering we're the OLDEST!!!!

Love you Dona Mae:)

See ya soon Beck....
Love, Joan

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky: I just have to sit back and laugh - and U. Bob also - when it comes time to Ethan, Laisa and Easton. I do not comment very often but after I caught up on your blog this time Ethan was just to cute and what a fun child. Sure he keeps you busy but that is sure a lot better than being a nothing. We certainly love all these kids and thanks so much for all the information and pictures. Have a great time in the states this year. Know that we love ya all.
U. Bob & A. Arlene

Anonymous said...

Ryan and Becky,
Grandpa and Grandma Rinkenberger were at our house today and they asked about your blog....so we found it for them. They really enjoyed seeing the pictures and reading your accounts. Grandma told me she should just go over to the library and figure out the computer so she could look at it when she wanted to. I can't wait to read more...looks like it is fun! :)
Love brandon and mindy and kiddos!

Ryan and Becky Weiss said...

Hi Brandon and Mindy! Thanks for showing G & G around our blog. I tried early on e-mailing them each post before I figured out that they can't receive pictures...Glad they could catch up a little!