Thursday, November 6, 2008

Nothing Says Fall Better Than...Pumpkin!!

I'm feeling festive so I have a batch of Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins in the oven! I love, love, love the smell of baking pumpkin and cinnamon. Although now I have a problem - my recipe only called for 1/2 c pumpkin so I have most of a can left. Anyone have a recipe that they care to share for the leftover pumpkin? Please leave it in the comments or e-mail me...
**************************
Kaitlyn just wrote me this note:
"to Mom i Love (surrounded by a heart) you thank you for all the things that you have DONe for me i will miss you on Monday at scoole Love (another heart!) Kaitlyn
Look on the back of the papere
On the back:
Mom i Love you Do you Love me?
(insert a stick figure drawing of a little girl saying, "i love you mom" and a mom saying, "i love you to Kaitlyn."
this is a song i relley (really) love i thingck you will love it to!
Jesus loves me this i noy
for the Bibel tels me so
yes Jesus love me yes Jesus loves me yes Jesus love me the Bible tells me so

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll hang onto the note from Kaitlyn. Those notes melt a mothers heart. I'll forward you a pumpkin cookie recipe that I made for church serving last week. They went over really well. Joan

Anonymous said...

Awww...what a sweet little girl:)

Anonymous said...

Becky,
At weight watchers a couple of weeks ago we talked about what we can add pumpkin to. You can add it to just about anything as another fruit/vegetable. The leasder was saying to add it to the zero point soup by weight watchers, but I went home and added it to stew that sat in my crockpot all day. It is amazing that you food does not take on the pumpkin flavor, but you are adding a lot of very good for you things by adding pumpkin to food. The leader said anything soupy, tomato based, etc. I was thinking about adding it to chili next time.
Love ya,

The Kinsinger's said...

At least someone has an oven! Thank God for it everyday because here in Korea they are not. :) Baking is a staple in American life. Those muffins look really good! Enjoy them for us!

The Kinsinger's said...

Becky,

Here is what we did back in the States:

Don't use the crust:

Pumpkin Pudding

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt





DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth. Pour into pan. Bake 15 minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes Cool. Garnish as desired. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.

Hope it works! It really is good!

Any questions call us: 011-82-41-669-0161

We have yahoo messenger/yahoo voice that costs us just 1 cent to the US. Don't know what it costs to Singapore. I'll send you download info if your interested. God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Just brought back 2 cans back with us from the States. Cannot wait to bake some pumpkin bread!!! I feel like it's just about gold! :)