Friday, November 28, 2008

The Tree Is UP!

Kaitlyn, Kenton, Lovel and I trimmed the tree tonight with all lights off except the tree and Christmas music in the background! This is my FAVORITE time of year:) We'll see what the tree looks like in the morning in the daylight... =0
****
Ryan and I had to run some errands this afternoon - at one point we were on Orchard Road listening to "Let It Snow" blaring from loudspeakers. We both looked around at the Singaporeans and wondered what they know about snow...!
****
One of our errands was to replace Ethan's green card. We were IMPRESSED that we walked out of the government building 40 minutes after we walked in WITH GREEN CARD IN HAND! That was with 30 numbers in front of us! Ryan says that when he has gone to the US Embassy to add more pages to his passport it's taken that long to get someone to notice he's there:)
****
Hope everyone is enjoying the day after Thanksgiving shopping! Ryan had a gift certificate to a department store called Takashimaya so we stopped there to buy a few Christmas gifts for the kids. It was the closest I've come to being in a US department store during the Christmas season - complete with crowds of people, Christmas decorations, and holiday music...

1 comment:

Sara T said...

We picked the same background without even knowing you picked it as well. How fun is that? I love the tree, looks like you did a great job. We are hoping to get ours up tomorrow. I am hoping that it does snow by Christmas. I love a white Christmas.