On Facebook today I posted the question: What do you keep your thermostat set on? I've had mine set pretty low because I was anticipating high gas bills. Seems like when we lived in Kansas City in a house that is smaller then this one our bills were pretty high - even keeping it at 68 degrees during the day and lower at night. I set our thermostat here to kick on to 72 degrees in the morning while we are getting ready for the day, 62 during the day, and 72 again from 6 - 10 pm for the evening. At night it is set at 60 degrees. Based on all the responses I've received so far I think I'm kicking it up to at least 70 for the whole day! These settings worked when it was 50 degrees out but now it feels COLD! Wonder why I never am motivated to get up off the couch and from under the blankets to get things done???
What do you keep yours set at?
We have another busy week ahead of us. Seems like when the calendar is full during January and February it helps the winter pass by faster:) Today I had a dentist appointment (worth a whole post by itself!) and ran a few errands before coming home to tackle the mess that is my home! Tomorrow Ethan starts preschool at the church preschool and has his 3 year checkup (Late!) Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday we have more appointments and we go to Baby Joy Friday morning at the nursing home. At some point I'd really like to start taking Ethan to the library and to a free playgroup through the school and tackle the basement. The basement will take me an entire week so I keep putting it off:)
It's chili for supper tonight which I'd better get started! Stay Warm, Readers!!
4 comments:
We set ours at 72 degrees all day. We have radiate heat so it takes a little while to warm up. What a great post.
We try to keep the main part of the house between 65-68 through the day. The back part usually stays around 61-64 because we're not back there much. With wood heat, it takes a little to get it warmed up, but somehow feels warmer at a cooler temp than it ever did with the furnace. Go figure! I definately think you should have it warmer than 60 during the day if you are home especially if you usually feel cold anyway! Have a great day and keep those winter blues away - we're doing our best here to keep so busy we can't think about them!
Yay! You're back! I had given up on your blog for a couple of weeks... now I need to read up on your news!
I dreamed about you last night - it was a Kup. gathering at Wisconsin Dells or somewhere. :)
-Kara
Kara - maybe it's a sign that we need to get together!!
Post a Comment