Monday, January 25, 2010

Flexibility

My plans for today have changed twice now! I'm learning (slowly!) how to be flexible with my plans. Anyone who knows me well knows that I don't always do well with changes to my plans:) I had initially had plans to meet up with my sister in law and a friend for some "friend time" today. By last night it became obvious that I wasn't going to be going anywhere since Ethan's fever went up again. (He's had a fever since Friday.) So, I reorganized my thoughts and planned to start on the Big Bad Basement project today...I even had a post all ready complete with pictures to post today. Then I woke up with an eye infection. Now, normally this wouldn't be enough to stop me from tackling the basement but in this case I can't wear my contacts and my glasses prescription is 9 years old because I never wear them anymore. The 9 year old prescription isn't strong enough for what I need so I have a headache. Nothing that can't be fixed...just another thing that changed my plans!

I have never established with a primary doctor here so I searched around our insurance's web site and located a clinic that is close by that has a lot of doctors. I called for an appointment but the earliest one they have is at 3:00. This is too close to when the twins get home from school that I don't want to take the chance that I'm not here when the bus comes home so Ethan and I are heading to the Immediate Care Center that's also attached to this clinic. I keep telling myself that in light of all the other problems that are going on in the world right now this is not a big deal. "Be Flexible!" I tell myself. "At least you have insurance, and a car, and the ability to be seen today!"

So, I'm trying to remain flexible and roll with things. And, I'm trying to take advantage of a few extra days at home that I didn't think I had this week (Ethan won't be going to preschool tomorrow because he has a close to constant cough) to get a few things done. Maybe I'll be ready to tackle that basement later today....!

4 comments:

Sara T said...

You are always so positive and up lifting. You have such great thoughts. Thanks for sharing. I need to learn to be more flexible as well. It is hard to do at times. I love that you are blogging again. Thank you for coming back to it.

Julie said...

Hope you're both feeling better soon!

Megan said...

I just got caught up on your blog. For some reason your blog doesn't update on my blog roll. But I didn't realize you were updating so often now ... I love it! So I'll have to check more often. The generic/name brand thing. The things that brad doesn't know I buy generic, but if its something he sees, it has to be namebrand. =) He thinks he doesn't like generic, but he never knows what I don't tell him. hee hee. ;)

Ryan and Becky Weiss said...

very clever, Megan:) I don't know why but my blog doesn't update on anyone's blog roll...I've tried different settings but nothing has made a difference so far.