Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Warm Thoughts

After much, much thought I've decided to get the ol' blog up and running again. I'm not sure that I have any readers left though:) We are FREEZING so I decided to update my background with something warmer...and post a picture that reminds me of much warmer days!
If I didn't have to actually ever go anywhere it wouldn't be too bad!
*****************

Since I haven't posted any pictures for awhile here are a couple of recent pics of the kids from our Christmas. It was fun to actually be able to open presents the day of Christmas Eve instead of having to do gifts a week early due to traveling.
Kait got her American Girl doll
Legos were the NUMBER 1 thing on Kenton's list!
Ethan had just as much fun helping Daddy put together his tool bench as he did playing with it once it was completed!

************************************
I'll leave you with a warm thought:

Yesterday morning Ethan and I were having a bit of a bad day. He was crabby and I was trying to get motivated to get bills paid and laundry started (it's going to be a week long project, I'm afraid!) so we weren't meshing too smoothly. Pretty quickly after lunch I put him down for his much needed nap. He got some sleep and I got some paperwork done. I was downstairs on the computer a few hours later when I heard him start crying upstairs, "Somebody!" He called. "I scared! So-0-mebody!" I rushed upstairs to get him and carried him back down to the living room where we snuggled in the rocking chair for awhile. "I love you, Ethan" I said as I bushed his hair off his forehead and kissed his sleep induced rosy cheeks. "I love you, too!" He smiled back at me. We sat there for quite awhile just snuggling and rocking and forgetting all about our struggles from the morning. Sometimes our greatest joys can come from such seemingly small moments!

Happy New Year, Friends!

7 comments:

Sara T said...

So glad you are back. I missed you. Although I love the snow and the changing of the weather.

I hope you continue blogging. You are such a great blogger

Betsy said...

Oh, I'm so glad you're back, Becky! I hope everything's going okay with adjusting back to the US... think of you often! If you have time, send me an email: betsyphoto1@gmail.com - I can't find your email address... oops!

Anonymous said...

happy to have you back :) yesterday would have SO BEEN a "together day" from my part...reality hit hard after 10 days with family and friends. today is going much better. love you, joan

Anonymous said...

Yay! You're back!! I like keeping up with you guys! So true on the simple things. I used to love rocking Brody after his naps! It was always one of the best parts of the day. -Karen

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky: I thought I had lost my last friend. I so have missed your blogging. U. Bob and I just love the pictures and love your blogging and the blog I just read brought back so many memories of 55 and 53 years ago. Where has the time gone? So glad to have you back and I read your blog all the time even though it always started out with "I am meeting with the landscapper." I knew if I was patient you would be blogging again. Thanks a bunch. A. Arlene

Ryan and Becky Weiss said...

sorry, A. Arlene! My sister Melissa kept complaining about that too:)

Julie B. said...

Great to have you back girl :D