Have you taken time recently to just sit and watch your children playing? Have you taken time to sit and LISTEN to your spouse without talking about yourself? Have you thanked God for your health and the food, shelter, and clothes that you have? I mean REALLY thanked Him?
The past few days I have been reading of a journey that a woman about my age started on a little over a year ago and ended in late July. A woman who left behind a spouse and a little boy and who was very ill for the last 10 months or so of her life. A woman who would have given anything to have another day where she felt good enough to be a mom and a wife.
And it made me feel guilty.
Guilty that I haven't taken the time recently to sit and play games with the twins. Guilty that it annoys me when Ethan brings the same book to me over and over to be read. Guilty that while Ryan sits and tells me about his day I am thinking of all the things I want to tell him about MY day. Guilty that I spend so much time thinking about what's bad in life that I fail to notice all that is good.
If that were my lot in life, to die young, what type of legacy would I be leaving my three children and my husband? And why do I tend to take them for granted when none of us are guaranteed our next breath? Will I be able to glorify God even when the road gets steep and seems impossible to continue on?
I challenged myself today to play a game or two with the twins, to read Ethan a book as many times as he wants it read, to get into the pool and swim with them instead of watching from the side. I challenged myself to FEEL the sunshine and the breeze and the health surging through my body, to not take every breath for granted. And to praise God for the blessing to be able to do all this!
If I haven't said it lately I'm thankful for my family and all my friends! I'm thankful that I have been given another day to show my family how much I love them! I'm thankful for the food on my table, the shelter over my head, and the clothes on my back! And most of all I'm thankful that Jesus died for me that I can have a hope of life beyond this world!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
What a great post! You helped to remind me that I need to do the same and just slow down and enjoy all the moments. Thank you!
Well said Beck...thanks for the reminder. Missing you. Love, Joan
Thanks for the great reminder to be thankful for the little things. (I often read your blog and then email the posts to Val so she can keep up.)
Thanks, Bonnie! I appreciate it that you take the time to e-mail my posts to her!
Becky: You are right where God wants you. Loving Him as he loves you and he really longs for your love relationship. Also being thankful for the little things and realizing that time is short with children. I can speak of that. I did my best when Chris and Martha were born until the time they left home and it is nice to live with no regrets. Luv ya A.K.
Post a Comment