Thursday, October 2, 2008

I was finally able to post a few pictures from last week when Judy and Elaine were here. Enjoy:)
*********
After we spent an hour in the revolving restaurant Elaine discovered that the views were just as good out the bathroom windows...
We found a snowman in Singapore! Didn't do much to make us feel cooler but of course we had to have our picture taken.

This is by FAR my most favorite place in Singapore - the Orchid Garden at the Botanical Gardens. I may try taking the kids back there to ATTEMPT at a Christmas card picture. It is so pretty there and it's away from the noise of the city.


This is a view of the shipping yards from Prima revolving restaurant. It's amazing to watch the huge cranes at work moving containers off of the ships.


I am hoping to go back to this place sometime. We saw it from the window of our cab and than walked by it the next day. It's an old church called Chijmes that has now been turned into shops and restaurants.
We found the neatest little shop on Arab street. This lady makes slippers of the tiniest beads you have ever seen. I don't remember for sure but I believe that one pair of slippers takes around 30 days to make. She said that it's an ancient Chinese art that she learned to keep it alive. One pair of slippers cost around S$900.

**********************************
I have a few more pictures to post but I was having trouble with them...hope that everyone is having a great week! Ours has gone by unbelievably fast!!






No comments: